"Our clients are looking for stable counsel, especially during times of potentially stressful change, whether it’s market turmoil, divorce, death, even a sudden increase in wealth, or other unforeseen events."
Jeff is the President of Coastal Bridge Advisors. In this capacity, he is responsible for delivering the entire suite of services for our clients, including but not limited to – advisory, investments, planning, compliance, operations, finance and marketing.
In a career spanning over 25 years, Jeff has held key operational and financial roles across a variety of industries, proving successful as an accomplished executive with a record of leading organizations to perform beyond expectations.
In his role as President, he says he uses this experience “to help our clients navigate and coordinate the dizzying array of attorneys, accountants, insurers and, even other family advisors, each offering solutions for various issues and needs. Managing these complex relationships is not easy and often times overwhelming. We pride ourselves on our ability to promptly and professionally organize all these elements in a coordinated manner and strive to ensure that the advice our clients receive is clear and in their best interests and those of their family.”
He adds, “The simplest way to describe how we help is to refer to our company motto, ‘Uncomplicate It’, which means simplifying our client’s lives by providing clarity and a sense of calm to their financial lives. To do so, we strive to pull together all the investment, tax, retirement and estate solutions available to our clients, in a clear and coherent manner, choreographing them to help provide greater comfort and control.”
Prior to joining Coastal Bridge Advisors, Jeff spent nine years as President and Chief Operating Officer of IMG Artists, where he directed a turnaround of the global business following its acquisition from the sports and media giant IMG. As a result of his efforts, the company became a leader in the arts and entertainment field with ten offices in eight countries including business interests in talent management, event production, promotion and consulting services.
Prior to IMG Artists, Jeff served as Chief Financial Officer and then President of a Blackstone Group backed technology start-up, Gemini Voice Solutions. Jeff was also an investment banker with Salomon Smith Barney, where he participated in over $10 billion worth of equity, debt and M&A transactions.
When asked what the most important thing he learned through the years, his answer focuses on staying steady and focused. “Through a combination of personal experience and trial and error, I’ve learned that maintaining my composure is the best path to success. There are going to be challenging circumstances outside of my control. By keeping calm and collected, I can navigate a more effective outcome. Similarly, our clients are looking for stable counsel, especially during times of potentially stressful change, whether it’s market turmoil, divorce, death, even a sudden increase in wealth, or other unforeseen events. It is our duty to deliver our advice free of unnecessary drama.”
Jeff earned an MBA from Columbia University and a BA from Clark University. When not working he enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters at home in New Canaan, Connecticut.
INSIGHTS AND PERSPECTIVES
- What is the standard of care I should expect of my advisor?
- How can I benefit from a team approach to investing?
- How does 'client experience' impact our technology investments?
- Why is it important to work with a well managed financial advisory firm?
IN THE NEWS
- Jeffrey Fuhrman speaks on Tech Solutions and Practice Management at Boston RIA Summit
- Coastal Bridge Advisors Strengthens Portfolio Management Team with New Promotion
- Coastal Bridge Advisors Named to CNBC's FA 100 List
- Coastal Bridge Advisors Announces Key New Hires
- BNY Mellon - Pershing Podcast: Become the Destination for Multigenerational Families
- The COO Roundtable Podcast (with Matt Sonnen, Powered by PFI Advisors)
- Custodian Wars (City Wire Magazine)
- Coastal Bridge Advisors Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary
- Vision Magazine: A Client-Fiduciary Bridge Built to Last
- Department of Labor Proposed Fiduciary Regulations
- Coastal Bridge Advisors Names Jeff Fuhrman President
- Wirehouses in decline as advisers seek independence
- Happy Financial Advisors Need More Than Money: Study
- From the ashes of 2008, a thriving firm was born
- Growing Up
- Growing Advisory Firms Learn How to Be Lean
- Coastal Bridge Advisors Enhances Team with Addition of Jeff Fuhrman - New COO/CFO to help lead business as it pursues its next phase of growth
- Coastal Bridge Advisors Surpasses $1 Billion in Client Assets - Firm Doubles in Size in Less than Five Years